Monday, March 26, 2012

Congressional Award

I am thrilled out of my mind at the moment.  My student has been awarded the Congressional Art Award this past weekend!  His work will hang in the Nation's Capitol Gallery for a year.  We have been invited to Washington D.C. for a week in the summer where we will be taking part in several ceremonies and tours.  From what I've been told, we will receive a tour of the Capitol by our own Congressman, Mr. S. Reyes.
If I'm over the moon, you could just imagine how my student feels. 
I'm so glad he won, he is such a dedicated student and such a nice kid. 
He drew a portrait of his sister using a ball point pen.  It looks like a photograph.  If you are ever in the Nation's Capitol, stop by and take a look.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a great Honor. What grade is he in? And what art show/ competition was he entered into to be qualified for this? I'm always looking for great shows to show off my students accomplishments. I came upon your blog site when doing some research for a grad class. I love the projects you do. I've gotten some good ideas from you. Thanks:) Congrats to you and the student.
    Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.house.gov/content/educate/art_competition/ You can find info by following this link. Hope it helps

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...