Thursday, November 18, 2010

Something Different


I have a young lady in my Art 4 class that has been taking art "because she had nothing better to do". She came from another school and was ready to drop my class from the start when she realized what my expectations are for my students. She explained to me that she was not interested in drawing any realistic images and was mostly interested in color and movement. We talked about other types of art, artists and art movements. I asked her to create a page in her sketchbook that reflects her interests which should include favorite art pieces.

She then incorporated some of the images from her sketchbook into her art project. She is very pleased with herself and her confidence has gone through the roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...