Sunday, November 14, 2010

TAEA Annual Conference


I went to the annual Texas Art Education Association Conference this past weekend ( Thurs.- Sun.) at Austin, TX. It was one of the best conferences I've ever been to. I attended many great workshops, learned tons of new techniques and met great teachers from all around the state.
One of the projects that I saw was this contour face drawing. The students create a modified contour drawing of the face. They then continue to fill in the face with contour lines inside of the face, not lifting the pen as they draw. I created this one in my hotel room around 1am. I shared my room with three other good friends and after our day at the conference we would go back to our room to go over what we had learned and created some art.
Isn't it great when you hang around with like minds?

I also saw these great cupcakes around the conference center where the workshops were held. If I'm not mistaken model magic was used for this project. You use a styrofoam cup for the bottom and a plastic bag for the top. You then cover with the model magic. I did not attend the workshop so I do not have all of the steps, but I will be keeping my eyes open for the lesson. Once I have it I promise to share
There were many other great lessons, I do not want to use the images that were given without consent so I will do my best to create my own and post as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...