Saturday, December 4, 2010

Loteria

For the final exam of my Adv. Class I gave the kids the task to create a modern interpretation of the Mexican Bingo Game, Loteria! The Loteria cards have various colorful images and it is a game that most of my students are familiar with. I played with this game as a child with my grandmother and other family members. I also play the game with my own kids.I brought the deck of Loteria cards to class and asked the kids to pick a card. The deck was face down and so the kids could not see the images on the cards. The kids picked a card and had one class period to create a modern work of art based on the image on their card.
You can do this particular project using many card games and childhood board games. Let me know if you do, I'd like to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...