Friday, March 4, 2011

Collage Paintings


I love collage paintings. What are they? Well, the first step is to get students to create a collage on a small sheet of paper, either 5x7 or 8x10. I put out magazines and have them create an interesting composition. This is a great project to teach composition, by the way.
Then the collage is gridded and transferred to a larger sheet of paper. I have them make some changes to color making sure that they use their color wheels to make good color choices. They also add a few things of their own, like pattern and textures. I always do this project with my Adv. kids and have very good results. A good moral booster for kids that don't feel very capable. I am thinking of doing this project with my Art 1 right after spirng break. What? Spring Break is a week away? Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...