Thursday, October 21, 2010

Graffiti Art


I have a student this year that has taken art for several years, but this is his first time in my classroom. I asked him to show me some of his work from previous years and he had nothing to show me. When I asked him why this was he confessed to me that his style of work never pleased the other teacher (I do not have a good working relationship with my coworker, but I'll get to that later) and so he just "coasted" through class.
After a long talk we came up with a game plan that would satisfy both of us. He was extremely excited throughout the process of creating this piece and he is excited for what is to come. He is in my classroom every chance he gets. I intend to slowly gear him towards other mediums that will still incorporate his style, I hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...